I feel honoured to have received two more awards; the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is given to those who are; creative, optimistic and inspiring. I’ll take that!
The second; the Liebster Award. ‘Liebster’ means ‘beloved or dear’. It is sort of a ‘pat on the back’ by other bloggers.
I decided to combine both into one post.
The Sunshine Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by the lovely; pearls and grit
If you haven’t already, check out her super cool blog.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
- Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
11 questions for me to answer by pearls and grit
- What would you name your yacht? ‘Ride or Die’ (kidding). I would probably call it ‘Shenanigans’.
- What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made? My best purchase was my Dr. Martens (love them). My worst purchase was my car, it is grey and orange and resembles something out of Blackpool pleasure beach.
- Which celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10? My Pops. You said celebrity and he is in our household – the full package.
- What quote do people say that is mostly, in your opinion, a bunch of malarkey? ‘Why cry over spilt milk?’ Why not? It stinks like baby vomit and the bad smell lingers for days. It’s insanely difficult to remove from carpet and furniture. Yuck. To be honest I like the quote, I use it often, but when you think of it literally, it makes no sense.
- What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured? I cut my hand whilst trying to cut a coconut. My thought; ‘Oh fruiting fudge (feel free to substitute) I’ve just cleaned my kitchen, I don’t need this right now’. This was followed by feeling queasy and the realisation that I may need stitches.
- What is your best childhood memory? When my younger sister and I would dance to the spice girls songs, we took it very seriously, we rehearsed day and night for months on end. Oh no, wait! we even wrote and composed a song- haha it is safe to say that didn’t take off.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m an insomniac; I often get random thoughts circulating in my head at night time. I think I function pretty well on very little sleep. Sleep is for the weak!
- What is your favorite book? Ahh, this is a mean question. I love reading books, for different reasons. I don’t have a favourite genre, I read what I like, it is that simple. Okay currently it’s ‘Wonder’ by RJ Palacio. Check it out, and then watch the movie. Also, you could read my post on ‘Wonder’ (smooth).
- What is the worst smelling place you’ve ever been? So before I got a car, I used to commute to work, via train. On one particular occasion, during rush hour there were no seats available, so I stood up . The train got packed very quickly and I found myself directly under this guy’s armpit (I’m 5 ft 2), apart from dry heaving, there wasn’t much else I could do. That was 45 minutes of hell I tell you!
- Do you have any pets? Nope, husband wants a dog, but is allergic to cats. My son wants a cat but Daddy won’t allow him to have one. I have two kids do they count ?
- What would be your hobby if time and money weren’t a concern? Okay not so much money, but time. I would go back to learning karate and get my black belt. When I was younger my Dad regularly took us to karate on a saturday morning. I did pretty well and got to purple belt (I got scared on my grading and never actually received my purple belt). Then one morning being the hormonal teenager I was, I decided karate wasn’t cool anymore. What a loser! I know. My Pops was gutted and this is one of my biggest regrets. Don’t worry Pops I will get that black belt ‘we’ deserve soon!
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are (I only have 4);
Love these blogs they make me smile. Check them out guys!
11 questions for nominees are
- Describe yourself in 3 words
- What’s the funniest chat up line you have heard or used?
- What movie sums up your life best?
- ‘Rules are made to be broken’ True or false, explain your reasoning
- What’s the strangest thing that you have seen in someone else’s home?
- If you were a chocolate what would you be and why?
- What’s the funniest rumour you’ve heard about yourself?
- What is the best underhanded compliment you’ve received?
- What is the song you hate the most but can’t get the theme tune out of your head?
- What’s your signature dish ?
- Do UFO’s exist?
The Liebster Award
I got nominated for this award by the awesome the britchy one .She is so funny- check her blog out!
Rules for this award
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger sets you.
3. Nominate blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let your nominees know about their nomination!
Questions the britchy one asked me :
1. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I got my rook pierced last year because it was ‘cool’. 6 months of hell later (it didn’t fricking heal) and realising that it made me look like a gangster, I took it out.
2. What advice would your best friend like to give you?
Not sure, you’ll have to ask her.
3. If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
I would give it to my parents, sisters and children. Selfish you say, perhaps, but I would want them to be set up for life. ‘Charity’ (I use this word lightly) starts at home.
4. What would you want to be said about you at your funeral?
This is deep. Maybe something like, for all her many faults, she was a good person at heart and tried her best.
5. If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?
A Lion, because everything about them is awesome. Also, I’m a huge fan of ‘The Lion King’. I still cry at the part where Mufasa dies.
6. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because it was vegan and being on the same side as ‘Nandos’ and ‘KFC’ went against everything it stood for.
7. What colour is happiness?
Yellow, ‘eternal sunshine of the spotless mind’.
8. Tell me three songs that always cheer you up.
I have so many, but these five I adore, they remind me of certain times in my life and make me happy.
- Paolo Nutini ‘Scream (Funk My Life Up)’
- Frank Ocean ‘Thinking about you’
- Semisonic ‘Secret Smile’
- The Last Shadow Puppets ‘My mistakes were made for you’
- Jason Mraz ‘ I’m yours’
9. Pick 6 lottery numbers for me.
11, 15, 2, 7, 5, 12
10. If you found out today you were going to have a baby, what would you name it?
11. Name a favourite character from a book
Currently, ‘Via Pullman’ (Wonder, RJ Palacio)
My nominees for the Liebster Award (I only have 3) are;
My questions for you to answer are:
- What would your ideal job be?
- What’s your favourite comfort food?
- Finish the sentence, ‘happiness is…’
- What’s your favourite smell?
- How do you like your eggs cooked?
- What’s the funniest joke you have heard?
- If you could choose your own name, what would you call yourself?
- What’s the worst film you have ever watched?
- Nachos – what do you put on top of them?
- What’s the funniest word you know and what does it mean?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Great work guys, can’t wait to read your posts!
To read my post on The Versatile Blogger Award go here